In order to deliver services that are tailored to the needs and risks of the local community each district works towards priorities that are reviewed annually to ensure that the risk of incidents occurring is reduced. The priorities are based on consultation with Local Authority partners and the risks identified by the Service. The following priorities have been set for Gateshead in 2012/13:
- Reduce the number of deaths from all fires
- Reduce the number of accidental fires in dwellings
- Reduce the number of deliberate refuse fires
- Reduce the number of false alamrs due to automatic fire detection from non domestic premises
- Total number of fire calls attended
In addition to the district specific priorities identified above all five districts also work towards reducing the impact of the service wide priorities relating to fire.
An overview of performance in relation to the district priorities outlined above is provided within the Performance Reports section.