Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service aims to provide the highest standards of fire, rescue and community safety services. As a receiver of a public service, there may be times when you wish to comment on the Fire and Rescue Service. We encourage complaints and compliments from all members of the community as we value your opinion and it can help us to continually improve our service.
For our part, if you do make a complaint we will ensure that:
- your complaint is treated confidentially;
- you receive an acknowledgement within 7 working days including the name of the Investigating Officer; and
- your complaint is investigated in accordance with the Fire and Rescue Service’s standard procedures.
We will also:
- endeavor to send you a full reply including the results of the investigation within 28 working days; and
- ensure that you are informed of the progress if the above deadline cannot be met.
Since1st January 2013 to date we have received 7 complaints. This relates to,1 complaint regarding Operational, 2 relating to the Fire Safety Department and 4 miscellaneous.
The complaints were investigated in line with procedures and satisfactory outcomes were achieved.
We also received 15 letters of appreciation during this time with regards to our staff and the services we provide.
Making a Complaint or Compliment
If you wish to make a complaint or would like to tell us about an area of our work that you have been happy with then please do contact us, details are as follows:
Telephone: +44 (0)191 444 1500.
In writing, address your letter to:
The Chief Fire Officer
Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service
Tyne and Wear
Complete an online form below.
Making a Complaint against a Fire Authority Member
A complaint regarding a member of the Fire Authority should be reported to the Monitoring Officer and will be investigated in accordance with the Local Code of Conduct. The Fire Authority section has a form to complete for complaints of this nature.