The Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service Procurement Departments primary responsibility is attaining value for money by means of effective procurement of goods and services throughout the organisation. This page has been designed to assist suppliers and contractors who wish to bid for any of our contracts and assist us in achieving our value for money goal. This page will give you an insight into our tender/quotation procedures for contracts for goods and services.
For further information on competing for business with Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service please consult our Selling to TWFRS guide.
To view details of our purchasing thresholds and procedures please consult our Procurement Rules and Regulations.
The Procurement Department of Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service is responsible for the following:
- Procure goods/services on behalf of the service.
- Undertake tendering and competitive quotation on behalf of all departments within the service.
- Ensure all procurement activities are in line with the service standing orders and financial instructions, national legislation and european legislation.
- Work in Support of national and regional procurement activities.
- Ensure value for money is achieved on behalf of the service through effective procurement processes.
- Organise and provide contract management.
- Provide a procurement advisory service for colleagues.
- Organise the disposal of obsolete goods